Home » » Cobb Salad

Cobb Salad


My inspiration for this salad came from a cobb salad recipe that my friend put up on our crossfits website. I'm headed out of town this weekend with my daughter to Florida to visit a friend. I wanted to use some of the vegetables in my refrigerator so I just made an easy Cobb salad for lunch. You could really add anything you want to it. If I had beets, I definitely would have put them in there, and if you aren't strict paleo, some blue cheese would be awesome.


You will need:
1 bag of spinach and mixed greens
1 avocado, chopped,
1 apple, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
4 slices of cooked bacon chopped
12-15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Pecans or walnuts

For the dressing:
1/2 lemon juiced
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic

1. Lay spinach, mixed greens on bottom of bowl
2. Top with all chopped vegetables and dressing



20130411-115700.jpg
SHARE